– Sustainability and Accountability Working Group (SAWG) – Voluntary basis
We are looking for four volunteers who can help BDB develop by bringing their expertise and passion to the project as part of our BRAND NEW Sustainability and Accountability Working Group or, as we like to call it – SAWG (catchy, isn’t it?).
We would like people with a bit more knowledge or experience than us in the four specific areas; Customer, Financial, Partnership and Accountability, to help BDB develop those areas. We need creative people who take initiative, are outcome-driven, willing to learn, and aren’t afraid to make mistakes, as we often do.
All four roles are flexible and will be co-designed with the chosen candidates with regards to when the hours are worked and how outcomes are completed. We believe the more people power behind the project, the more awesome the results will be!
SAWG Positions Available
How to apply?
What we need from you
- Up to 500 words telling us which of the roles you are interested in, why you would like to volunteer for BDB, and how you can help develop Plymouth’s Library of Things.
Please send us an email at email@example.com
Group Logistics and Expectations
- Four differing roles with communication and teamwork between members to assist each other and exchange ideas as roles will overlap in some instances.
- Six-month contract with a chance to extend based on the group’s success.
- Quarterly group meetings at BDB HQ to overview each role’s progress to catch up and discuss ideas.
- WhatsApp group set up for simple communication between the group and BDB Team Coordinator.
- Direct reporting to BDB Team Coordinator regularly – update and info swap.
- BDB will provide an induction to what we do and any additional information specific to your role.
- Each member will have a ‘*****@borrowdontbuy.co.uk’ email set up for them.
- Remote working (pre-booked use of THINQTANQ co-working space meeting room available if needed.)
What you receive in return
- BDB Tote Bag! Super cool, if we do say so ourselves…
- Recognition on the BDB website’s TEAM page and social media if wanted.
- The opportunity to be part of Plymouth’s ONLY library of thing’s and create positive change in the city.
- Help people reduce their carbon footprint, make things more accessible to people, reduce waste and develop an important community interest company.
- Meet and learn from the others in the group and valuable insight into Borrow Don’t Buy and running a library of things.
- Access to BDB’s paid Skillshare account and courses available whilst part of the Working Group.
- References from Borrow Don’t Buy in the future if required.
- 50% off all loans for the duration of time in the Working Group
- Refreshments at meetings provided – so yeah, SNACKS!!!